Man, It’s Good To Be Home
Today’s episode features TEDx speaker and time management Yoda, Ari Meisel. I’ll also share my view of the World Domination Summit, and whether or not you should go (I think some people will be quite pissed with my opinion, but oh well…).
At the age of 12, our guest was already running his first company. In high-school, he had 3. Today he’s a real estate developer, TEDx speaker and creator of ‘Art Of Less Doing’. Join us today for an eye-opening talk on managing time, getting more stuff done by doing less of it, and having a better life.
Fighting Crohn’s Disease
In 2007, Ari was diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease. He was weak, sick, and in a great deal of pain. Instead of just giving in and accepting the way things were, (especially considering the fact that Crohn’s is considered incurable!), Ari created a way to fight it off and keep it in check.
He courageously went on a journey of self-tracking and self-experimentation to find his way back to health. Not only did he succeed in his quest, he was able to compete in Iron Man France! Through self-experimentation he developed a system of food, supplements, and exercise that helped him recover.
He didn’t know if what he was doing was safe or not, but he took things slowly watching carefully for and signs that what he was doing wasn’t working.
What Ari found was that stress had a very big role in his condition. More accurately, keeping stress levels low meant keeping the symptoms of Crohn’s at bay. So in his process, he learned to master time.
Ari learned how to analyze, optimize, and automate his life (or major parts of it). Today he teaches others how to achieve peace of mind by doing less (while getting more things actually done).
I’m actually a student of one of his online courses, and I can vouch for its effectiveness.
In this episode you will learn:
- Ari’s 3-step process in eliminating stress and getting more stuff done.
- Ari’s top tools for each phase of his process.
- How to stop forgetting stuff you need to do, without remembering it anymore.
- The journey of an entrepreneur who faced an incurable disease and learned how to keep it at bay, lessons which now are applied to thousands of lives all around the world.
- What keeps Ari awake at night (it’s not what you think!)
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Ari Meisel; Art of Less Doing (blog), Twitter
- Art of Less Doing course (I personally LOVED IT!)
- Fancy Hands (VA’s on demand)
- Followup.cc – the tool Ari recommends (and I use every day) to manage all of your tasks and followups and regain control over your inbox
- Evernote – Remember everything. Capture anything. Find things fast.
Ari’s TEDx talk:
Nancy Duarte’s TEDx talk:
I Need Your Help!
Thank you all for checking out this episode of the Inspiring Innovation podcast!
If you haven’t already, I would love if you could be awesome and take a minute to leave a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It’s the most amazing way to help the show grow and reach more people!
Thank you again for your ongoing support.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you, and I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase.
[spoiler title=”Episode 016″]Still in progress, please come back later![/spoiler]