What does it take to go from No-One to Market-Leading Expert without any formal education?
In episode 28 of the Inspiring Innovation Podcast, we are joined by market-leading expert Mark Anthony Bates, a much-respected individual in the world of public speaking and marketing, who had built a roster of clients from Fortune 100 companies with achievements that did not come from inside a classroom, but through curiosity and the desire to help others.
Often referred to as “the coach’s coach” and as a leading public speaking coach, Mark shares in this exclusive interview (that took almost 12 months to set up!) how he achieved his success and how he has established his name – without all the pomp and circumstance of the limelight.
He dishes out golden advice on how to make a difference in the world even if it is on a small-scale, how to get started, and how to not get overwhelmed and freeze. You’ll hear his own fears, struggles and hardships along the way.
Mark also offers some great advice for those that are struggling with A.D.D. and their career.
Being a public speaking coach, I wouldn’t let him of the hook without giving away some great resources on how can we start improving our crowd and public speaking skills.
This is a very exclusive interview. Mark hardly gives interviews (hell, he doesn’t even have a website!), so you can literally get him only here – at the Inspiring Innovation Podcast – your weekly backstage pass to success.
- Starting a business venture while holding a full-time job – how Mark did it while focusing on the why, not on the how?
- How to avoid the “freeze”, overwhelm, effect of entrepreneurship.
- Mark’s key ingredient to his success.
- Standing out by helping others shine.
- Becoming a market leading expert without any formal education (without finishing high-school, for that matter!)
- Improving your public speaking skills.
- Why it should never be about you when you deliver a message.
- Doing good things to other people without getting caught.
- How to become a hugely successful entrepreneur and not let A.D.D. get in the way?
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Email: [email protected]
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mark-anthony-bates/7/82a/551
- YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/markanthonybates
- Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability 2nd Edition by Steve Krug
- Delivered from Distraction: Getting the Most Out of Life with Attention Deficit Disorder by Edward M. Hallowell, M.D. and John J. Ratey, M.D.
Don’t Miss an Episode! Subscribe Below:
––– http://www.meronbareket.com/feed/podcast/ –––
Become an Inspiring Innovation VIP Founding Member
The Inspiring Innovation VIP member club has opened up, and the founding members that join now will get a lifetime free membership. The club will give you:
- Direct access to the show’s guests. You ask them anything you want – they answer on the interview.
- Exclusive episodes, content and tools
- Early access to the weekly episodes.
Imagine being able to ask people like Pat Flynn, Dane Maxwell, and Mark anything you want, and have them personally answer you. If you’re interested, hurry up to make sure you will be part of the founding members wave. Join here. Stay awesome, Meron Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you, and I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase.
[spoiler title=”Episode 028″]Still in progress, please come back later![/spoiler]
3 thoughts on “IIP028: From No-One to Market-Leading Expert With No Formal Education”
Another awesome podcast! The two big takeaways from this one:
1. “Can’t = “Don’t know how” or “Don’t want to.” Decide which.
2. “Pick 3 ideas and do 1.”
Keep up the great work, Meron!
I’m going to have to stop saying “this was one of the best podcasts” because I’ve said that so many times about your shows, Meron. I was really inspired by Mark’s message and what he said and what he’s done. Where do you find these people? Absolutely awesome! 🙂
Thanks, Rob!! You just made my day 🙂
Sorry for the very late response. For some reason I missed this comment.
I gotta say, I get asked a lot how to find these people. My best answer is – notice the untold stories in everyone.
There are so many people that don’t realize their story can have life changing effect if shared with the world.
My only job is to put a microphone in front of them. The rest is them 🙂
Thanks for the ongoing support and for your kind words, my friend. And kudos for the success of your new book!!